I am dedicating this blog post to my roommate Ashley.
My sister from another mister,
I honestly think we were separated at birth, for how many times we telepathically communicate about certain things I am sure of it. I am glad we became friends at the beginning of college because you have taught me many things that I am sure you are not aware of.
Teachings from Ashley:
- You taught me to be more positive about life situations. Life likes to throw a mean curveball, but you showed me how to take the dark and still see the light within it. Even though I see myself as a more positive person, you will still never be able to make me wear bright colors. I will never leave my black clothing!
- I still consider myself as a shy person, but since I have met you I find myself talking to a person first, which I would have rarely done in the past. But trust me I am still working on it.
- You have taught me that it’s okay to not know what you want. You and I find ourselves in this predicament quite often. Without you being in the same boat, I would think something is terribly wrong with me. If you are by my side than I obviously have no need to worry.
- You have taught me that it’s not so bad to not have a filter. Why filter something if that’s who you truly are? No one wants to be with someone who never speaks whats on their mind. I like to think of it as plain honesty. Plus, we wouldn’t nearly laugh as hard as we do if we filtered everything.
- You have taught me to live more on the “free” side. Living with an adrenaline junkie, I have almost fallen to my death off a roof. But that’s okay, it’s a memory that will stick with me forever. You took me out of my comfort zone and made me do something that I still don’t regret to this day.
Overall, your teachings made me a better person.
Not too many people know everything about my past, but you are someone that I hold dearly to my heart and I know that I could trust you with anything. Not a day goes by that I don’t appreciate the day we met. Love you always,